Book Title: Middle School Motivators! 22 Interactive Learning Structures
Publisher: Center for Responsive Schools, Inc.
Author: Responsive Classroom
These tried-and-true learning structures encourage all students to do their best learning, stay fully engaged, and work with one another in dynamic, purposeful, and respectful ways.
Discover new ways to meet the developmental needs that young adolescents have for movement and socializing while helping them meet lesson objectives in any content area. Samples of learning structures include:
- Consensus Mapping: Small groups of students work together to identify and reach agreement on the main ideas
- Debate Duos: Pairs of students learn to respectfully debate both sides of an issue and consider multiple perspectives
- Jigsaws: Small groups of students explore content in greater depth and then share their new knowledge with others
- Step-by-step instructions for every structure
- Brief descriptions of each structure in action
- Examples of learning goals for each structure
- Variations and reproducible handouts for many structures
- A quick guide so you can easily find the right structure for your lesson