Book Title: Refocus and Recharge! 50 Brain Breaks for Middle Schoolers
Publisher: Center for Responsive Schools, Inc.
Author: Responsive Classroom
These quick, easy-to-learn activities give students much-needed mental and physical breaks, plus safe, structured ways to interact with peers. As a result, students are refocused and recharged and can more fully engage with the content you teach.
Some brain breaks, like "In the Bag," are calming and reduce stress; others, like "Twisted Brain," energize bodies and minds. And you can use brain breaks anywhere, anytime!
This handy book includes:
- Clear, easy-to-follow instructions
- Tips for success
- Sample words and actions
- Suggested variations
- Reproducible handouts
There lot of brain breaks ideas out there. What makes this book special?
- Whereas many brain breaks consist of just a quick physical or mental break, Responsive Classroom brain breaks combine safe movement with purposeful social interactions. What's more, brain breaks can be adapted to include academic content in an informal way. By giving teachers efficient ways to help students stay focused on and enthusiastic about learning, these brain breaks also support strong teaching.
- Each Responsive Classroom brain break offers ideas to vary the activity, thereby providing more than 100 ways to give students a mental and physical break from rigorous academics. Tips for success are also included to help teachers implement brain breaks efficiently and effectively.
- Unlike many brain break books and online activities, this book was designed to be easily accessible for busy, on-the-go teachers. The at-a-glance charts let teachers quickly find a brain break to suit their purpose, and the clear, concise directions and color-coded page design give the book an inviting, easy-on-the-eyes appeal. Plus, the reproducible handouts, blank templates, and weekly planners allow teachers to dive right in with little-to-no prep work.
- As a bonus, this book includes 13 "Brain Bits" that exemplify how brain breaks support middle schoolers at a time of rapid change and growth.